Two locations: Boca Raton, FL, Avon, OH, and/or Remote
We are looking to add to our team a full-time Tax Accountant who will be a vital member of the tax team with the opportunity for growth and the ability to expand their skill set. This position supports the tax team with Federal, State and Local tax matters. The Tax Accountant is responsible for performing accounting tasks associated with the maintenance and preparation of tax records and returns.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Prepare tax filings - sales tax, personal property, gross receipts
• Prepare tax support workpapers for federal and state tax returns
• Reconcile sales and property tax liabilities to general ledger, prepare journal entries
• Maintain Avalara's integrated sales tax compliance software
• Troubleshoot sales tax issues within Datacor ERP and Avalara
• Support tax audits, including required internal coordination
• Respond to tax inquiries from various jurisdictions
• Research tax technical issues and analyze current tax developments
• Assist as needed with tax compliance matters of acquired companies
• Support the continuous improvement of internal processes and tax administration
• Support and lead by example, Barentz' culture, values and fundamentals
• Participate in ongoing personal development opportunities
• Other duties as requested
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
• Minimum 2 years of tax accountant experience in a public accounting firm or private employer
• Previous experience in Avalara or other tax compliance software
• Experience in the distribution industry a plus
• Strong problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and accurate data entry skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently as well as part of a team
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and strong computer/technical skills
Barentz North America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
All current state and federal Covid 19 protocols are being followed.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.