Novozymes - Catazyme® 25L
Novozymes has developed a new solution for enzymatic acidification of juices or wines.
Catazyme® 25L is unique because of its patented combination of glucose oxidase and catalase activity that acts on glucose present in juice and wine.
When using Catazyme 25L®, glucose is converted to gluconic acid, a mild acid that helps to balance the sweet/sour ratio in a beverage. The catalase simultaneously removes produced hydrogen peroxide, avoiding oxidation and potential off-flavors.
Benefits of Catazyme® 25L
• Significant amount of gluconic acid can be produced, up to 20 g/L has been demonstrated if enough glucose is present.
• In-situ conversion results in reduction of sweetness, e.g. glucose, balancing the sweet /sour ratio.
• Fast reaction within hours.
• Robustness - pH lowering effect of up to 0.4 pH decrease.
• No extra equipment cost; all necessary equipment already present.
• Sensorial properties e.g. sweetness balance, tartness, mouth feel and color.