Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the customer service department and ensuring we are delivering the highest level of service (internally and externally) to Create Customer Success.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Direct responsibility for the management of the Customer Service Department
• Identify and implement strategic continuous improvement initiatives
• Establish customer service goals and metrics and measure performance to the accomplishment of these goals
• Track customer complaints and/or inquiries and recommend changes to products or services to improve customer satisfaction
• Ensure procedures and coverage are established to receive and process all customer orders accurately and on time
• Handle special customer inquiries as needed for product, pricing, availability, etc.
• Review all customer complaints, initiate corrective actions as needed and manage complaint log
• Service as escalation contact for service failures/issues - bring resolution to customers and internal processes to prevent further occurrence
• Serve as a liaison between customer service, internal warehouse staff, and outside warehouses; communicate inventory issues to operations
• Improve the level of service offered to our customers via unique and new service initiatives
• Review procedures and processes and engage sales leadership to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
• Communicate inventory risks and customers' future needs to sales and materials management
• Maintain all customer files for contacts, pricing, shipping requirements, notes, locations, etc.
• Responsible for various daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports related to open orders, invoicing, etc.
• Establish relationships with customers to foster trust, reliability, and increased business
• Work closely with other verticals to manage cross-selling opportunities
• Identify and implement training and development needs for direct reports
• Provide ongoing, regular performance feedback and constructive criticism for direct reports and address performance issues in a timely manner
• Identify promotion opportunities for direct reports
• Support the Barentz culture, including our pillars and fundamentals
• Responsible for recruiting and retaining top talent within customer service
• Act as the point person for customer service, both internally and externally
• Perform other duties and work on special projects as requested
• High School diploma or equivalent required, degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years in Customer Service, at least 3 in a leadership position
• Experience in chemicals preferred
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional communication skills required as well as the ability to interact with customers, colleagues, and management on a daily basis
• Ability and desire to act independently to resolve potential conflicts
• Self-motivated, high energy, and engaging level of enthusiasm and positive outlook
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and accurate data entry skills
• Fluent in Microsoft Office and strong computer/technical skills
Barentz North America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
All current state and federal covid-19 protocols are being followed.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.