Senior Vice President, Sales
At Barentz, we’re all about Creating Customer Success® and we’re looking for a experienced "Senior Vice President, Sales" who shares this passion to join our team!
VERTICAL: CASE & Plastics
Summary of the Position
The Senior Vice President, Sales will be responsible for the leadership and management of the sales team within the specific vertical. The role will have accountability for driving sales effectiveness and coordinating with marketing efforts. The position will also impact other functions that may not be direct reports within the vertical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Develop the strategic sales, plans and management systems aligned with company goals to generate sales growth and customer satisfaction for the vertical
- Directly manage the sales team resources and support vertical sales leaders and sales executives to deliver profitable growth, with a consistent and efficient approach to sales and marketing needs
- Create a collaborative culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement within multi-functional verticals and among external and internal customers
- Contribute to the activities of Principal Management teams and collaborate with global Barentz’ Marketing team efforts (i.e. MarCom, Barentz’ website, trade show preparation/ participation, market studies, target account lists, lead generation, opportunity pipeline, and social media platforms, etc.)
- Monitor customer, market, prospect and competitor trends and coordinate strategies to position the business for growth and also provide market insight to avoid potential risk
- Define and staff the optimal sales force structure to deliver results via activities that include organization, succession planning, developmental opportunities, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, etc.
- Define “standard work” best practices that drive desired sales outcomes by identifying, documenting and rolling out a consistent sales process, ensuring access and implementation of tools (CRM, pricing, etc.) and resources and addressing improvements required
- Establish relevant metrics, including detailed and accurate sales forecasting, that reflect the desired sales and marketing results and KPIs to track and improve sales impact
- Effectively manage growth while achieving budget, driving a pipeline of future business opportunities
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Utilize a data driven approach with technology enabled CRM tools to oversee, optimize and communicate campaigns, prospects, lead journeys, opportunity trackers and forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other sciences required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of previous Sales experience with demonstrable and successful sales track record, in a distribution sales organization preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Sales Management experience required
- Minimum of 15 years of Industry experience (plastics, stabilizers-additives, specialty chemicals, manufacturer of paints/coatings, polymer products or elastomeric industries) required
- Supplier and business development experience required, preferably in a global environment
- Technical sales focus with specialty products
- Experience in the procurement of specialty additives, resins, pigments and intermediates
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and exceeding expectations
- Formal Negotiation Skills and Strategies Training and practical experience
- Broad exposure and experience working with consultative sales models and on sales training techniques
- Project management experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational, planning, communications, and negotiation skills and experience which result in productive relationships at all levels
- Strong computer/technical skills, including experience implementing, managing, and reporting sales activities with a CRM tool; Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- International business experience and travel skills a plus
- Bilingual in English/Spanish/other a plus
- Openness to relocation a plus, if applicable
- Act legally and ethically in all professional relationships in adherence with Barentz’ culture, values and fundamentals
- Self-motivated, high energy, and engaging level of enthusiasm and positive outlook
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, and ability to adapt communication style to the audience as needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability
- Work is performed in a typical office setting, with the preferred work location as the Barentz headquarters in Avon, OH. Any remote work possibilities will be evaluated against the Barentz Remote Work Policy.
- Primarily domestic travel of at least 50% is required to provide in the field support of sales efforts.
- The use of proper PPE may be required in designated environments.
- This position works in either in an office/remote environment where the temperature is maintained throughout the year, or out in the field in variable environments.
- Use of a computer and phone are required on a regular basis.
- Sales Leaders and Sales Executives report to this position.
- *To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please notify your supervisor or Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Barentz North America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Barentz regularly reviews the current federal & state COVID-19 protocols in each facility & appropriate measures are being taken. Some positions may be deemed remote/hybrid based upon business needs & eligibility under the Barentz Remote Work Policy.
- How many years of Sales Management experience do you have? (minimum 12)
- How many years of Industry (plastics, stabilizers-additives, specialty chemicals, manufacturer of paints/coatings, polymer products or elastomeric industries) experience do you have? (minimum 15)
- How did you hear about this opportunity? (If it is as a referral from a current Barentz employee, please note the referring employee's full name here in order for them to be eligible for our Referral Program awards.)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- previous Sales: 8 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.