Summary of the Position
The Account Manager is responsible for achieving profitable and sustainable growth within their assigned market and sales territory. They build relationships and understand customer business in order to provide appropriate products and solutions. This is achieved through new customer acquisition as well as new product opportunities and relationship building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
• Develop and implement strategies to grow Barentz’ market presence and gross profit throughout the assigned market territory.
• Utilize product knowledge and sales experience to clearly deliver the value proposition to customers, existing and new.
• Search relentlessly for opportunities to partner with suppliers based on customer needs and record and maintain these in Barentz’ Opportunity Pipeline system.
• Sustain and improve upon the level of service offered to our customers via unique and new service initiatives to ensure we’re Creating Customer Success® at all times.
• Stay on top of and provide analyses of industry changes, emerging markets and market shifts as well as new products and competitive landscapes.
• Attend (as required) and recommend participation in industry tradeshows and other events.
• Represent Barentz as a leader in the industry through conferences, industry events, social media platforms, etc.
• Incorporate appropriate sales techniques when prospecting new customers, ensuring effective communication of Barentz’ brand and market presence.
• Move prospects through the sales process to secure new business.
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations, where applicable, either in person or virtually.
• Secure in-person customer visits with purchasing, R&D, and sales and marketing contacts at potential customers.
• Address customer questions, concerns and inquiries with a sense of urgency and accuracy.
• Send quotes to new/existing customers and sample requests, etc., as required.
• Participate in new product introductions, training, joint sales calls, and testing.
• Support and lead by example, Barentz’ culture, values and fundamentals.
• Participate in ongoing personal development opportunities including, but not limited to, product and sales training.
• Issue timely reporting of customer issues and opportunities through call reports, emails and other means of communication.
• Participate in regular 1 2 1 meetings with supervisor to discuss the status of the territory’s business and growth opportunities.
• Provide regular forecast updates utilizing Barentz’ online forecasting tool.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• University or College degree, preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, etc., or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Minimum 5 years of technical sales, service, product management and/or lab experience.
• Proven ability to expand profitability of a sales territory and exceed targets within the industry.
• Established supplier relationships would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated ability and skills to sell and grow business based on features, advantages, benefits (FAB’s), understands market pricing, competitive landscape.
• Professional Sales, Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, and Quality Systems training desired.
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Self-motivated, high energy, and engaging level of enthusiasm and positive outlook.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, and ability to adapt communication style to the audience as needed.
• Software knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
• Act legally and ethically in all professional relationships in adherence with Barentz’ culture, values and fundamentals.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability.
• Fluent in English, a second language would be considered an asset.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please notify your supervisor or Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Barentz North America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• Commission pay
All current state and federal Covid-19 protocols are being followed.
If yes, what discipline is your degree in (i.e. Chemistry, Biology, Engineering,
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
• Technical Sales, Service, Product Management and/or Lab: 5 years (Preferred)
• Work Remotely: