Boca Raton, FL
Full Job Description
At Barentz, we’re all about Creating Customer Success® and we’re looking for a talented Lab Chemist who shares this passion to join our team!
Vertical: HI & I
The Lab Chemist is responsible for overall quality control of toll manufactured materials, testing, data management, sample oversight and guidance in a laboratory/office setting,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
• Responsible for ensuring quality control measures are in place, understood and followed at all times.
• Responsible for approving, generating and maintaining Certificates of Analysis and USMCA Certificates.
• Data management - responsible for acquiring, validating, and maintaining data for the lab.
• Provide sample department oversight and guidance as necessary.
• Perform biological testing (counts for wet and dry biological products).
• Set up and troubleshoot laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, or process control.
• Ensure safety procedures and housekeeping are maintained to protect yourself, co-workers, and the environment.
• Perform, interpret, and record quality control data. Record corrective actions where appropriate.
• Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on instrumentation as needed.
• Responsible for updating QC documentation, recording analysis and calibration results.
• General lab duties including clean-up, maintenance of equipment, track and order chemicals and disposables used in the lab.
• Data processing and documentation using common software tools such as Excel, PowerPoint as well as Datacor/Chempax and eChempax.
• Support and lead by example Barentz’ culture, values and fundamentals.
• Participate in ongoing personal development opportunities including, but not limited to, formal as well as informal training.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• University or College degree, preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Etc., or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a laboratory setting.
• Demonstrated organizational, complex problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Must be self-motivated, high energy, and engaging level of enthusiasm and positive outlook.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, and ability to adapt communication style to the audience as needed.
• Software knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Act legally and ethically in all professional relationships in adherence with Barentz’ culture, values and fundamentals.
• Fluent in English, a second language would be considered an asset
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please notify your supervisor or Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Barentz North America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Bonus pay
All current state and federal Covid-19 protocols are being followed.
Barentz is regularly reviewing the current COVID-19 conditions in each facility and appropriate measures are being taken.
• Bachelor's (Required)
• Laboratory experience: 1 year (Preferred)
• One location
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.